We provide commercial real estate services, primarily in the areas of clean energy project development and financing. Our work in this area includes:
- Drafting and negotiating long-term ground leases for renewable energy projects, representing both developers and landowners. We have forms tailored for ground-mounted solar systems, rooftop solar systems, solar carports, wind energy facilities and anaerobic digesters.
- Representing project developers and landowners in the purchase and sale of real property for the development of renewable energy projects.
- Drafting right of way easements, utility easements and solar access easements.
- Assisting clients in performing real estate due diligence – or responding to real estate due diligence requests – in connection with the purchase, sale or financing of renewable energy projects.
- Addressing real estate-related issues and needs in the context of secured and unsecured project financing from institutional lenders and tax equity investors.
- Reviewing, drafting and negotiating office leases.
We are often called upon to help clients work through complex title issues and obtain title insurance for their projects. Our team has developed good working relationships with title insurance agents at nationally recognized title insurance companies and we routinely work with them to obtain title insurance that meets the needs of our clients and their lenders. Our work in this area includes reviewing title commitments and surveys, assisting with the removal of title encumbrances such as mortgages, municipal tax liens and agricultural tax liens, and drafting and recording notices of lease and subordination, non-disturbance and subordinations agreements (SNDAs).