Senior Corporate Counsel
We are seeking a senior lawyer with a minimum 5 years’ major law firm corporate experience and keen desire to become involved in a multi-faceted practice focused on clean energy, social enterprise and impact investment. We believe this is an exceptional opportunity to join a unique, collegial, mission-oriented firm.
Our firm focuses on providing start-up, outside general counsel, transactional, project development and energy regulatory services to companies, investors, public entities and nonprofits in the renewable energy and clean technology areas, as well as more generally to social enterprises and impact investors.
When serving as start-up counsel or outside general counsel to ventures, we provide assistance with such matters as entity formation, equity compensation, angel and venture capital financing, debt financing, commercial contracts, and mergers and acquisitions. We have exposure to a wide range of clean energy technologies, including wind, solar, kinetic hydropower, geothermal, landfill gas, anaerobic digestion, district steam and biomass combustion, as well as a broad range of clean energy services, including third-party solar provider services, carbon offset registration and risk management services, and renewable energy certificate brokerage services.
In the area of renewable energy project development, we provide legal assistance to project developers on nearly all aspects of renewable energy projects, including site assessment, site control, permitting, commercial contracts, construction contracts, and regulatory matters, as well as debt and equity financing, along with merger & acquisition transactions involving purchases and sales of projects and project portfolios. Our firm is also an authority on and active participant in the development and interpretation of a wide range of regulations and policies governing renewable energy project development in Massachusetts including those concerning net metering, renewable and alternative energy portfolio standards, interconnection standards, back-up rates, and public procurement.
Our mission and scope of practice goes beyond serving as a renewable energy/cleantech boutique and includes providing corporate legal services to a wide variety of “social enterprises” (for-profit and nonprofit enterprises that undertake business ventures to further not only financial but also environmental and/or other social goals) and “impact investors” (investors seeking to invest for environmental and social returns in addition to financial returns).
- familiarity with the issues, tasks and documents relating to formation and representation of new business entities
- ability to review, analyze, negotiate and draft common commercial contracts as well as venture capital financing documents and private company merger and acquisition documents
- familiarity with the issues, tasks and documents relating to private securities offerings
- excellent legal writing skills
- ability to communicate confidently and professionally with clients
- prior experience with private investment fund formation and regulation advantageous but not required
- prior experience with renewable energy project development, clean technology start-ups, and/or renewable energy regulatory matters advantageous but not required
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.