Getting across the finish line of a project financing is challenging. It requires a sophisticated understanding of the deal structure, an understanding of relevant regulatory and market factors, a mastery of complex deal documents, the organizational ability to drive the transaction forward and, above all, the experience, ingenuity and diligence to bridge the gap between risk-averse financing parties and projects that are never risk-free. To successfully navigate a project finance transaction, it is also useful to have experience in the development, sale and acquisition of the project assets that underpin the transaction.
Our team possesses all of these qualities, and our attorneys routinely provide clients with the pragmatic advice and creative solutions necessary to negotiate and close project finance transactions, primarily in the area of clean energy project finance.
We support clients in many types of project finance transactions, including:
- classic non-recourse debt financing secured by project assets
- transactions involving combinations of debt, equity and tax equity (including “partnership flip” transactions)
- transactions involving large institutional, small firm and individual financing parties
- financing of single projects as well as project portfolios
- financing at the development phase, construction phase and operation phase of a project